Teen Strength and Fitness
It is very important that your teen knows the proper way to lift while they are still developing, inorder to prevent injuries. Encouraged for all teens, but required for those ages 12-14 who want to workout upstairs in the Exercise Center. This course is offered to members only.
This class is offered for 12-14 year old who are motivated to stay or become strong and healthy. Participants will learn safety and proper technique in using all workout areas, learn weight room etiquette, and basic nutrition all while devolping healthy lifelong habits.
Teen Strength and Fitness classes will run 10:00 - 11:00 am the first 2 days and 10:00- 11:30 am the last day to include test time.
Please be sure your child has eaten something before they come so they can focus. Also, please send them with a water bottle to stay hydrated!
Attendance is mandatory each day to receive Gold Card.
Deadline to register for each class is the Monday before by noon!
You may register on our website or at the YMCA Welcome Center.
Fee:(Members Only) $32
Session l: June 6th, 7th and 8th
Session ll: July 11th, 12th and 13th
Session lll: August 8th, 9th and 10th
Private Small Group Teen Strength and Fitness
We know that you are busy and Teen Strength and Fitness is important and hard to fit in with everything else. If the dates/times we offer do not work and you have 3 or more teens that can take a class, contact us to set up a special class for you!
Important Information for use of the Wellness Floor:
1. Each child MUST have their Gold Card with them every time they are using the Exercise Center. If you do not have the card with you, you will NOT be allowed in the Exercise Center.
2. Gold Card gives use of the Free Motion and the Techno Gym machines, treadmills, ellipticals, all of the bikes, the track (make sure you are going the right direction; days and directions are posted), and the stretching area on the mats (No wrestling or horsing around!).
Access to the Weight Room area, where the free weights are located, is NOT allowed!
3. DO NOT loan your card to anyone - if found loaning the card, it will be taken away. DO NOT allow unauthorized guests into the YMCA or onto the Wellness Floor.
4. Replacement Gold Cards may be bought for a $5.00 fee, if original card is lost.
5. Access to the Exercise Center is not allowed during the following times
- Monday through Friday 11:30 am - 1:30 pm and 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
6. Use the lifting guidelines that are taught in class!
7. The Gold Card does not allow you access to group fitness classes at the YMCA. Ages 15 or older are allowed in the group fitness classes.
8. You must bring your regular YMCA membership card as proof of your membership.
9. Use the equipment responsibly and safely. If you witness any abuse of the equipment by other youth or adults, report the incident to the Welcome Center.
10. If you are caught breaking any of these rules, you will lose your Gold Card privileges and will not be able to access the Exercise Center until you are 15 years old. NO EXCEPTIONS OR WARNINGS WILL BE GIVEN!
Teen Strength Training Program
For boys and girls, ages 12-14 who have successfully passed Teen Strength & Fitness and received their Gold Card.
Participants will meet upstairs on the Wellness Floor, every Tuesday and Thursday for 4 weeks. They will learn how to confidently build an exercise program suited to their goals.
Dates: Tuesday, June 13th - Thursday, July 6th
Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Contact Leah for more information.
Call: 402-371-9770 ext. 20 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org